Friday, August 17

Crafts


While we were in Seattle, Ryan kept asking to do a craft. Obviously, I didn't have anything with us to do something like that, so I assured him we would do something when we got home. I've been trying to have the kids outdoors as much as possible while we still have dry weather because I know the wet days are fast approaching! But as promised, we broke out the paints and paper and scissors and things when we got home so they could do some crafts. They each painted a picture for Daddy, and Ryan painted one for our neighbor who lives behind us so we could put it in the fence mail.




I have been saving a couple of small Perler bead kits for a rainy day, but I broke down and let them do some projects with them now. They have never done them before, and Ryan had a blast! Abby needed significant help, so she wasn't as enthusiastic about it. Ryan made about a dozen things from the one small turtle kit I had given him and the leftovers from Abby's butterfly kit. He'll be excited to find out I have a whole tub of beads too, but I'm saving those for a truly wet day!

No comments: