Tuesday, September 12

Feeling Neglected

The last couple days we have been really focused on Abigail and her needs, and I think Ryan has been feeling a little neglected. In addition to not having his playmate around, Mommy and Daddy have been doing little more than holding Abby all day since Saturday. Then yesterday we were really focused on her and her doctor, trying to get all the information we needed to monitor her blood sugar.

So today I took him back into our room and asked him what he wanted to do. He didn't really answer so I asked him if he wanted me to read him some books. His face lit up, and he enthusiastically said, "Yeah!" So he went and got a dozen books, and for almost an hour we sat together and read his library books. Afterwards he thanked me and seemed to be in better spirits.

As a side note, Friday Ryan got Daddy's undivided attention for about five hours. He and Daddy went fishing, and Ryan did fantastically!

No comments: