Friday, September 15

Mr. Independence



When Gramie and Granpa came for my birthday in July we ate out a lot, and every morning Ryan had French Toast. That was the first time he seriously made an attempt at cutting his own food, and he did a fair job of it. But this morning while we were eating (French Toast again) breakfast, he decided he was big enough to cut his own food. He did a great job! There's not much left that I need to do for my little boy. He's so independent. He's learning to tie his shoes, so that's the next things he'll master. It's such a great feeling watching them gain independence, but at the same time, I still like it when he needs me!

1 comment:

Beth said...

You go, Ryan!!! That is awesome...what great coordination!

I am so impressed with your reading, too! Wow! I saw the video where you recited the poem...too cool!

Mom...what a great job you and Ed are doing with this special gift!

Love,

Beth