Thursday, March 15

What's Up With Ryan?


I can't believe it's been three weeks since I posted on Ryan's blog. Poor boy, I'm sure he's feeling lost in the shuffle a bit lately. He's been doing pretty well, but I can tell the stress of everything with Abby and having so much attention focused on her daily (be it negative or positive) is affecting him a bit. He's acting out a little and even had a few wetting accidents. I've been trying to give him some extra attention and do some things he likes (like playing Blokus with him), and hopefully he will feel more secure again soon.


He had a great time in Modesto with Gramie. He got to spend four hours alone with her while we took Abby to her evaluation, and he had a blast. He was well behaved in the van during our LONG ride to and from, and he thoroughly enjoyed our new DVD players for the van! Our ride home took 14 hours, so we didn't get home until almost 11:30pm. Much to my surprise, Ryan didn't fall asleep until we reached Scappoose, which is about 10 minutes from home! He was one tired little boy the next day...we all were.


Having fun on a ride at the mall in Modesto.

2 comments:

Darcy said...

I'm sure Gramie loved having the one on one with her one and only Grandson. She's not had one on one time with him probably since he was just a baby and she'd come to visit and shooo you two away for the evening. LOL.

Kim said...

I hadn't thought about it, but you're probably right. She's had some time alone with Abby during Ryan's surgeries, but I can't think of any time she's been able to spend alone with him since we got Abby.