Friday, September 7

Going to California!

Well, after a long day of driving, we have arrived at our hotel. Both kids were well behaved, but Ryan was just exceptional!! We chatted and played car games. I made Ryan a map, and he charted our progress on it with a highlighter (geography credit!). They watched a couple movies, and they colored and played some games we brought. It was one of the easiest drives I've ever done!


We arrived at the hotel more than an hour earlier than I expected, so we checked in, grabbed a bite to eat at Taco Bell, then got into our swimsuits and played in the pool for a while before it was bedtime for the kids. I hope tomorrow's drive goes as well...or even half as well as today!

1 comment:

Darcy said...

That's awesome news!!!

I'm so excited to see you blogged from the motel!!!

Praying tomorrows drive goes as well as todays. At least tomorrow you can keep saying, 'today is the day we'll arrive to Gramie's house'. LOL.