Sunday, September 16

Trip to Hollywood


Gramie had a special day planned for us on Saturday. She got tickets to see The Jungle Book at El Capitan Theatre for it's rerelease on DVD. We picked up some friends of hers then headed to my brother's house where we picked up his family and did a caravan over to Wienerschnitzel for lunch. I have missed the chili cheese dogs from there, so I really enjoyed our lunch!


We drove to Hollywood after lunch, taking a detour due to a traffic accident. It's been years since I've driven through the area, and I saw things I hadn't seen before. Who knew L.A. had a Little Ethiopia?


As we passed over many stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, I couldn't resist taking a picture of Winnie the Pooh's star. This part of Hollywood has really been cleaned up since I lived in Los Angeles 20 years ago, but it was still an interesting display of humanity!



I had to laugh at Ryan because he kept inquiring why we were going to see a movie that had already been released on DVD! I informed him it was so we could see it on a BIG screen as it was intended to be viewed. I could tell he was skeptical, but once the movie got going, he thoroughly enjoyed himself.

No comments: