Wednesday, October 10

Earning Computer Time

I don't allow Ryan to play on the computer much (Abby isn't allowed on the computer at all yet), even the educational games we have. I much prefer him to build or read or imagine or run around outside instead, but it's that time of the year where we spend lots of time in the house, and he's been asking to play on the computer a lot the last couple weeks.


So I decided to make him earn his time on the computer by reading one minute for every minute he plays. I expected protestation, but he just asked if he could read any book he wanted. When I said he could read whatever he wanted, he went and got one and sat down and started reading. I was so blessed when I saw he had chosen his Bible to read and even more so when he asked if I wanted him to read it aloud to me! He read for 25 minutes straight right from the gospels, and even though he reads to me every day, I was amazed at how well he read it.

1 comment:

Darcy said...

Wow! Good job Ryan!