Tuesday, February 5

Being Thoughtful & Helpful

Ryan has been showing some neat signs of maturity lately. He has really been trying to be helpful, not only to me but also to his sister. He made her bed for her this morning just to be nice to her. He often will "rescue" her if looks like she's going to lose her toys because she isn't cleaning them up or if she's going to be disciplined for not putting things away, but the last couple of months I've seen him do little things to help her for no reason at all.


Last week both kids eagerly helped me get the house cleaned up before some of guests arrived for a playdate. Ryan cleaned the floor and toilet while Abigail did the sink, counter, and mirror!


Then this morning Ryan decided he was going to make my coffee for me! I took a deep breath and said, "That would be wonderful, Pumpkin." I knew he would have some difficulty with the task, but in the end he needed only a little guidance and a towel to clean up the spills. He did make my coffee (and a big mess too, but it's the heart that counts!). He even inquired about how much creamer he should put in for me. I was very blessed by his thoughtfulness.

2 comments:

Darcy said...

Such a good lil helper!! You're raising a boy that'll be a great husband to someone someday. :)

Kim said...

That's my plan! Hopefully, it will pan out that way. :D