Monday, August 1

Dry at Last!


Although Ryan has been potty trained since October of last year, he hasn't been able to stay dry at night. This last month we bought a Little People Garage at a yard sale and told him if he could stay dry for seven nights in a row, he could have it. I took it outside on the lawn and he helped me wash it up, which really whet his desire for it!

I thought the incentive would help, but he still really struggled to make it a whole week. Once he even made it six days, but he slept so hard the seventh night, he didn't make it. It was a heartbreaker for all of us! He was so disappointed.

Well, last night he finally did it! He got his garage this morning, and he is so proud of himself. Mommy and Daddy are so proud too! Tonight we switch from pullups to undies and say a little prayer.

4 comments:

Darcy said...

Leaving this comment again....

This is wonderful news!!! Way to go Ryan!!!!

Hugs,
Aunt Darcy

Kim said...

I read this to Ryan, and he giggled and said, "But I can't giver her any," (meaning hugs, of course).

Darcy said...

He's so sweet!

Anonymous said...

WTG Ryan !! Congratulations ( I got your blog link from Darcy's)