Thursday, July 6

I Can't Do It

I was chatting with a neighbor recently, and the subject of school came up. I ended up telling her that we are homeschooling, and her comment was, "Oh, I could never do that. I know my limitations, and there's no way I'd be able to do that."

I've been thinking about her comment ever since then, and I totally agree! When we first starting thinking about homeschooling and realizing this was the direction the Lord was leading us, I would get a knot in my stomach every time the thought crossed my mind. It is an overwhelming, seemingly impossible task, especially when you consider most homeschool moms (or dads) also have to keep house, cook meals, fulfill church commitments, etc.

Thankfully, the Lord didn't "spring" this idea on us. I have had lots of time to pray and think about it. When the time came to actually implement it, He gave me everything I needed to begin, including tremendous peace. Like a few other aspects of life, I've learned that I truly can't do it...not on my own. I am grateful to know the Lord Jesus Christ and have Him there with me, leading me, enabling me, and giving me peace, blessed peace.

He's still teaching me how to depend on Him, and I must admit to being a slow learner in several areas. But I AM learning. I am learning to give our children, their education, their salvation, and their futures to Him. After all, He loves them even more than I do.

No comments: