Saturday, October 21

Doing Better

Ryan told me a few days ago that he's not angry anymore. His behavior has significantly improved also. What a relief!

I have been thinking about why he might be angry. I don't truly know what's going on inside his head, but I think perhaps we didn't give him enough information. Because he tends to dwell on things, we often try to keep things from him. Though he knew he was having the two surgeries when Gramie came to visit, he didn't know which day it was and perhaps we should have told him the day before instead of the morning of the procedure. I was concerned he would sit up and worry all night, so we didn't tell him.

In retrospect I think he might have felt that we "sprung" it on him, and in a way we did. Sigh. I continue to ask the Lord for wisdom with this little guy. He is so complicated at such a young age! Your prayers are so appreciated.

2 comments:

Darcy said...

It's hard trying to figure out kids and what to tell them and not to tell them, etc.

Glad he's not angry anymore.

Kim said...

Me too! I've never seen him quite so out of control emotionally. It wasn't pleasant...just ask Gramie! ;)

Abby is so easy (so far) in regards to this kind of thing. She takes just about everything in stride and nothing really ruffles her much. Of course she doesn't listen to most of what I tell her anyway, so maybe that has something to do with it! :D