Thursday, January 11

Funny Word List

As Ryan was reading to me today he came to the word "peculiar." Usually when he comes to an unfamiliar word he will stumble over it a couple of times trying to figure it out, but as he came to this word he just matter of factly said puke-u-ler and just kept right on reading!

When I was a kid my family would make fun of me because I pronounced certain words in a funny way while reading them and it seemed as if they never forgot (in fact, I'd be willing to bet they could still come up with that list)! I think peculiar just became Ryan's first official word on his very own list. I was never deeply bothered by the teasing I got from it, though it did get monotonous at times. When I couldn't help laughing at his pronunciation today, he just laughed along with me. Hopefully, he will keep his ability to laugh at himself!

No comments: