Tuesday, February 6

Dear Ryan

(An excerpt of the birthday letter I wrote to Ryan.)

My Sweet Ryan,

Today is your fifth birthday, and I am bewildered by how it happened so quickly. I've been thinking about five years ago and remembering the anticipation, the fear, the pain, and the joy of that day and the week that followed. I'm not sure you'll ever know the rapture that your Daddy and I experienced when we held you for the first time. Eight painful years of trying to have a child came to a blissful end when you were given to us.

You were and are more than I hoped for, more than I had ever dreamed. You make me laugh, you make me proud, you make me think, you make me try to be the best person I can be. Sometimes you make me angry, and sometimes you make me sad too. But most of all, Ryan, you make me thankful. I'm so thankful for the privilege of raising you and calling you my son, thankful to your birthmom for her selfless love, and thankful to God for orchestrating His plan so beautifully.

Happy Birthday, Ryan!

Love,

Mommy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ryan!!! It seems like it was just yesterday you were coming into the world and now you are such a smart big boy. Be good for your mommy and daddy, I am so proud of you!
Becky Stinger

Darcy said...

Happy Birthday Ryan!!!!

Hopefully your present arrived on time, if not hopefully in the next day or two!

Kim said...

We got the package...thank you!