Friday, February 2

New Tool

For the last month or so Ryan has been struggling with his math flashcards. It's not that they are too hard. I think he doesn't like doing them and is bored. Usually he would do his flashcards in 10 to 15 minutes, but now it stretches into hours if I let it. He just dawdles and goofs off instead of getting the job done. I have tried several different things, but what seems to be working the best so far is a new tool we bought off the clearance rack at Wal-Mart. It's called a Twist and Shout, and it has different games and quizzes and drills for addition. He will quickly go through his flashcards now to get a chance to "play" with it. He is still doing math, but he enjoys it.


I had wanted to get him one that does all functions called Turbo Twist, but apparently they aren't making them anymore. So I was thinking about getting a used on from eBay when his birthmom called yesterday and said she is sending him one for his birthday!

No comments: