Tuesday, December 25

Christmas Day


It has finally happened. I wondered if and when it would. I remember having the same problem when I was a child. Ryan couldn't get to sleep on Christmas Eve because he was too excited. I was especially surprised because we have had such long days with no naps or quiet times, so I thought he'd just crash.


He did finally fall asleep, but he was up bright and early at 6:45 dressed and ready for the day. He was a bit impatient when I reminded him that we were going to wait for Abby to wake up and we were going to eat breakfast first, but finally Abby got up about 7:30 and we began the day.


We got our stockings down first. Ryan was pretty excited by a couple of things in his. I've been saving a Cars car, DJ, for a while to surprise him. He has been collecting all the cars (well, lots of them anyway) and this was one we had trouble finding. Then we opened presents from grandparents and cousins. As usual, our generous family sent way too many gifts, but we are grateful for their giving hearts!


After playing games (we got quite a few!) and enjoying our new things, we had a yummy dinner that even Ryan enjoyed! One of the best surprises of the day was the snow that fell all day long! It didn't stick, but it was such a joy to watch it drifting through the air throughout the day.

No comments: