Wednesday, March 22

Driving the Bus


One of Ryan's chores is to sweep under the table after breakfast and lunch. I have him pull out all the chairs so he can do a good job (at least good for a four year old). I went in to make my bed while he was doing this Wednesday, and when I came back into the kitchen he had lined up all the chairs in a row and he informed me it was his bus. So I cut up some paper into strips for tickets and gave them a Tupperware lid for a steering wheel, and they had a grand time playing bus for about an hour! I love it when THEY come up with neat activities that keep them busy, don't make a mess (well, the tickets did kind of end up everywhere), and cost nothing!

Oh, and he did a lovely job sweeping the floor too!

1 comment:

Darcy said...

LOL. This seems to be such a popular thing to do with chairs. I remember doing it as a kid, and now Hannah does it when I move the chairs onto the carpet to sweep or mop. LOL.