Sunday, March 26

Sad Baby


Last summer when we took Ryan to OMSI for the first time, we went into this exhibit that shows the stages of life from conception to about the eighth month of pregnancy. The sign says that all the babies died by accident or natural causes, and while it's a fascinating display, it makes me sad each time we see it. Every time Ryan sees this one baby (preserved by some plasticine method), he always says, "Why is the baby sad?" It chokes me up every time, and I thought I'd snap a picture to post on his blog.

I counted. There are 44 lost lives in this exhibit, each one probably mourned and missed.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Wow.

What an interesting exhibit...and like you said...sad.

Anonymous said...

Sad, and powerful! More people need to see things like this! Thinks for having the courage to post this!