Thursday, March 30

Rainy Day Project


It has rained for the last five months with only a day or two break here and there, and I've almost run out of ideas for indoor projects and things to do with the kids to keep them from bouncing off the walls. I got this idea from OMSI, so I asked Daddy to bring home some computer packing foam for us to play with. He has an almost endless supply of this stuff, so he was happy to oblige. The kids pounded golf tees into the foam and built different things. It kept Ryan occupied for several hours, and he learned a little bit about construction, like how to toenail two pieces together. I regret that I neglected to take a picture of our finished project. It was several stories high, and quite architecturally appealing, if I do say so myself!

Tip: If you decide to try this, DON'T use the regular styrofoam, use the plastic-type foam. It's nice and clean and doesn't fall into millions of little static-charged bits. Ask me how I learned this tip!


2 comments:

Darcy said...

Oh fun!!! You're so creative in coming up with fun things to do. LOL. Course I guess when you live somewhere where it rains all the time, you'd have to be creative!

Kim said...

LOL...I am actually not very creative...I steal ideas from lots of people, rarely coming up with something on my own.