Monday, April 3

Taking a Deep Breath

This is the moment that I've been preparing for and anticipating for years. I have looked to this day with trepidation and excitement, and now it is here. We are beginning to homeschool this month. Of course, I've really been homeschooling for years, but now I feel like it's "official" and that I need to be more structured. My son learned to read almost a year ago, and he's been learning math facts and some geography too. However, our learning has been pretty hit and miss, and I feel the need to have more structure, or at least routine. We will only do "official" school for about 30 minutes to an hour per day, but my goal is to do it every day, not just when it works out.

But it is April, and you don't begin school in April, you say? Well, I guess I want to get some routine and structure going before our first full school year begins this fall. It's a little like practicing. I think my son is ready, and I am too. So here goes...

No comments: