Monday, April 10

First Time for Everything

This morning Ryan slept a little later than usual, and I was helping Abby get dressed in her room. I looked up and saw Ryan standing in the hall, and my first thought was, "Did we put him to bed in his clothes last night?" Then I realized he had got up and dressed himself! He has never dressed himself without being told before, so it kind of stunned me for a minute.

A few weeks ago I started implementing some new routines in our home because I knew we were going to begin homeschooling soon. One of those things was that both kids needed to be dressed, have their beds made and rooms clean before breakfast. Usually it's a joint effort with me helping them along and reminding, etc. But this morning Ryan stepped up to the plate and got dressed and made his bed without being asked. Way to go, Ryan! My little boy is growing up.

2 comments:

Darcy said...

Wow! That's great.

Usually it's a struggle in the mornings to get Hannah dressed for school. But some mornings she suprises the heck out of us and comes out of her room dressed for school! With a smile on! LOL. I usually lay out her clothes for the day the night before.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Good for Ryan!
I think the kids themselves feel good when they've done their stuff right!