Sunday, April 9

Box Crane


Ryan loves the PBS show George Shrinks, or should I say loved it. They took it off our local PBS station, so he can't watch it any more. But back in December there was an episode where George's mom used a large box and made a crane out of it. Ryan has been wanting me to build one ever since. Sigh. I am not good at that sort of thing, but he was really excited so I told him after we moved we'd use the moving boxes to make one for him.



I've been procrastinating for months, but Saturday I finally brought in the boxes and large tubes Daddy brought home from work and put together an odd-looking crane. I made an arm on each side so both he and Abby could play at the same time. Ryan was thrilled, and spent hours lifting cargo into the laundry baskets. Maybe this week we'll decorate it because it's pretty ugly, but at least I finally kept my promise to him.


3 comments:

Darcy said...

That's a pretty good looking crane!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Uh, Kim ... this is truly a work of art and genious! I hope you fully appreciate your own talent here! If I were there I'd wanna have a turn! Ryan and I could time ourselves and see who could fill the basket fastest!

Kim said...

LOL..the thing is UGLY!