Monday, December 11

Trimming the Tree

The tree before


We said goodbye to our dinner guests, cleaned up the kitchen and then turned on the fireplace and Christmas music and started decorating the tree Sunday evening. Ryan did a very good job (I was surprised), and he was so excited about it all.


I wasn't sure we had enough ornaments for such a big tree, but it was no problem. We used up just about every ornament, and the tree looks great. Our tree topper is kind of tall and won't fit though, so we're looking for one we like better anyway. Hopefully we'll find one before Christmas, but if not, it looks beautiful anyway.


The tree after

2 comments:

Darcy said...

Beautiful! Although it looked bigger when it was in the field. LOL.

Kim said...

LOL...yeah, you can't tell from the picture, but we have nine-foot ceilings, and it only clears it by about four inches. It sticks out about four and a half feet from the wall.

I remembered why I don't like tall trees...it took me over three hours to do the lights! Ugh. Your pre-lit one was looking pretty good to me round about the third hour! :D