Monday, December 12

Field Trip


Daddy had a field trip with his Life Sciences class on Friday, so we all went with him to the Sitka Center for Art and Ecology for a hike. While Daddy learned about the trees and wildlife, Ryan, Abby and I walked the trails, threw rocks in the estuary, and played on the boat dock. Ryan made a game out of destroying every mole (or gopher?) hill that he could find, and Abby quickly joined in.



Ryan is much more mechanically minded than wilderness minded, so when a truck with a boat trailer backed up to the dock and put a boat into the estuary, Ryan was thrilled! He asked a million questions about the whole process, and was very excited to tell Daddy all about it later. It was gorgeous weather, and despite the length of the hike (three hours), we all had a great time.

2 comments:

Darcy said...

I like this last pic of you and Abby in the distance. It's cute.

Kim said...

I almost cropped it down and cut me out (I'm always trying to cut me out), but I decided I liked it too!