Friday, February 24

Birthparents


Over the last four years the Lord has obviously been working in the lives and hearts of Ryan's birthparents. We are so blessed to have an open and wonderful relationship with his birthmother, Becky, even though we live a thousand miles apart. Last spring she called and told me that she and Ryan's birthfather, Dorian, were going to get married! He is serving in the military and they ended up postponing the wedding several times due to Dorian's duties being prolonged in Korea, but last month they were able to finally get married. I'm very happy for them and for their daughter Parker, Ryan's birthsister (she's one year and one day older than Ryan).



Becky emailed these wedding pictures and graciously allowed me to post them here! I showed Ryan the pictures (he recognized Becky right away) and told him that they just got married. He said, "Oh." LOL. He knows he's adopted and is very familiar with his birth story, but I don't think he really grasps much of what that means yet.

2 comments:

Darcy said...

Oh wow. Congratulations to Becky and Dorian!

Darcy said...

Oh my gosh, I just went back and looked at these two pictures, and clicked on them to make them bigger....

Ryan and his birth sister could pass for twins!